Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Graduation Open House Invitation!

April 24, 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

The Lord has really blessed me. He has put me in the right place, at the right time, to expand my abilities to serve Him. Now you may have thought that I fell off the planet. Maybe you haven't heard from me in two years since no Christmas cards with news have been forthcoming. The reason you may ask? I have been busy with graduate school the last three years and the last two years have been particularly intense.

 I will graduate from Spring Arbor University, Spring Arbor, MI with a Master of Arts in Counseling with a School Guidance focus. The school guidance internship while working full time was particularly harrowing. Last June I began my practicum and then in August 2007, my internship began. God had wonderful people to support me during this time as I spent every minute of my day from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (and sometimes later at night) working with young people and their parents. God provided a way to keep my hours of counseling activities at the level required even with a week removed from school to tend to my Dad's health care decisions and subsequent funeral in October 2007.

 Now the end of a school year of teaching is fast coming to a close. I am surrounded by so many activities that I am in charge of or a part of. I want to give you an opportunity to celebrate God's blessings and mercies with me as I graduate. I would like to invite you to my home for a special time of fellowship with food, people, and worship in word and music.

 Who: YOU!

What: Carla Nelsen's Graduation Open House

Where: 57 Sanderson Street, Battle Creek, MI 49017

When: Sabbath (Saturday) May 17, 2008 from 7:00-9:00 with vespers and music at 8:30 p.m.

Why: Because I want to share my joy of learning with everyone I come in contact with and I have pictures from the Battle Creek Academy Senior Class mission trip to Honduras that I would like to show you!


No comments:

Post a Comment